Are we seeing some damages at home? Are we seeing damages on your wooden furniture or wooden walls and floors? Then we might have a termite problem they are pest that eats mostly dead wood and nest on them. It is important that we know how termites look like because termites might look similar to other types of insect like ants. That is why it is best to know what we are dealing with because that would be a waste in calling an exterminator and we need to be aware that they really are the suspects. listed below are some ways on how we can identify termites and their kinds.
How do we know if we have termites? How do they look like?
- Termites has wings that are equal to their body size
- Antennas are straight
- Thick waist
- Wings are usually ½ inch
Types of termites
- Worker – they are usually white and has no wings
- Soldier – they are usually brown in color and doesn’t have wings
- Winged termites – they are usually dark brown or black
- King – they are usually the breeding type same as the queen termites
- Queen – has translucent skin whick you can see eggs and some liquid substance
Aside from damages that we can also identify if we have a termite in our homes by the sounds that they make termites usually bangs their head through walls that make a tiny sound, if we saw little ants flying, and we can also identify it by their droppings which looks like small tiny pellets. So by this examples it would help us know and identify if we have this pest living at our home and it is very important that we take action right always to avoid future damages. So we need to make sure to call professional pest control Altoona to handle this pest.